Back in January I was invited to the launch of the new Kiehl’s Pure Vitality Skin Renewing Cream*. It was a fun morning with cooking demonstrations and yoga at Three Blue Ducks and a delish breakfast after.
I will be truthful, I have never tried anything by Kiehl’s but have heard so many great things that I wanted to check out what it was all about.
This is what it says on Kiehl’s website:
Kiehl’s Pure Vitality Cream is 99.6% naturally derived, helping skin renew itself and improving resilience – for smoother texture and a more youthful radiance. Our skin-revitalizing and skin-fortifying New Zealand Manuka Honey face cream with Korean Red Ginseng Root, increases vibrancy and helps build a stronger skin barrier. With newfound strength to bounce back from the visible signs of aging, skin is smoothed, refined, and glows with youthful looking vitality.
• Smoothes, refines, and strengthens skin for youthful vitality
• Revitalizing Korean Red Ginseng Root accelerates cell renewal for a vibrant glow
• New Zealand Manuka Honey strengthens skin barrier to smooth fine lines
It makes sense. Honey is known for its anti bacterial, anti inflammatory, anti oxidant and healing properties, and Manuka Honey from NZ is the “Chanel” of all things honey. Top notch, high quality, very pure honey.
After the event, all the participants received a jar to trial and were to report back their experiences. I couldn’t wait to try!
We had KILLER heatwaves. Like, ridiculously hot, 40C+ days, where any cream or make up on the skin, literally melts and slides down your face.
Kiehl’s Pure Vitality Renewal Cream had to wait.
And now it is March, Autumn! Time to introduce this cream in to my routine!
First impressions of this cream:
The smell of honey is not overpowering. It actually smells more herbal than sweet, and a little goes a very, long way. It is quite rich; Kiehl’s suggests to only use a pea size amount, warm it between the fingers and then gently press it on the face. Massage until all absorbed. It is still a little too rich for my combination/dehydrated skin right now, but feels like this is just what I need for the Winter months.
- The texture is unlike anything I have ever tried (a rich, creamy gel or a gel type cream). You really need to try this for yourself.
- My skin feels beautiful and soft , and looks smooth and plumped after using this as a night cream.
- It is too heavy for me to use during the day under my make up in the warmer months
- It leaves a slight sheen on the skin
- Quite pricey, but the natural, and high quality ingredients, justify the cost.
- This is going to be my Winter day and night cream. I love it, but for my skin, more suited in Winter when it is more dehydrated and dry from cold weather and heating.
If you have dry skin, this one is for you. My lovely oily skin Fellow Fashionistas: even though this might be beneficial for you (you can be oily, but dehydrated) , I doubt you would like this cream. You may find it a little too heavy.
Would I purchase this? Yes. Most definitely, but it is a seasonal choice for me. Come to me Winter, and Kiehl’s will help to keep the dry patches at bay.
Linking up with other beauty bloggers over on Fabulous Fun Life
*Please note, that this product was gifted as a PR sample to review. However all opinions are truthful and my own. This is a personal experience and will not necessarily be the same for anyone else.
Til Next time,