The Silly Season is upon us with loads of functions to attend! The one thing that makes me feel über glam is wearing false eyelashes when I go out.
I have very short, virtually non existent lashes, so a set of lashes gives me that VA VA VOOM!
Over the years, with trial and error, I have come across the best way to apply, the way that works best for me. You might have a different way, would love you to share it with me below in the comments!
For your info, there are 3 types of false lashes:
- Strip lashes
- Accent Lashes (half lashes)
- Individual Lashes
Choose the ones that suit you best!
Here is my demo to make it easy,
So here are my 10 tips for strip lashes:
- I like to curl and put mascara on my own lashes before I start.
- Choose a style you like. Do you want length? Do you want thickness? Do you want over the top both? (I have worn 2 sets of lashes on one eye before to give it extra thickness! it does become heavy after a while!)
- There is a left and a right lash: you can recognise it because the shorter lashes go in the inner corner of the eye, and the longest on the outer.
- Check the fit. Take your lash strip and bend it gently between your fingers to give it more of a curved shape to fit your eyelid. If the lash band is longer than your natural lash line, trim the access with a pair of small scissors. Only every trim the longer lashes (the outer)
- How to apply the adhesive: squeeze directly along the strip. Spread with an orange stick or toothpick evenly. I like to have a bit of extra on the edges, they seem to lift first. Wait a few seconds for the glue to dry a little before applying to your eyes. I like to put a little on the back of my hand and apply from there. I have seen girls apply it to directly to their eyelid as an eyeliner and attach the lashes that way.
- There are speciality applicators, I used the Ardell Applicator. You can also use tweezers or your fingers.
- Apply lashes from the middle of the eyelid and then stick on the corners.
- Apply as close to your natural lash line as possible.
- Apply mascara as required, just note that it is a little more difficult to remove make up from your falsies.
- To remove your lashes, soak a cotton bud in oil free eye make remover. Rub it over the lash band to dissolve the glue a little and gently peel off. Use the same cotton bud to clean the glue off the lash strip and store in the box it came in.
- I used the Ardell Glamour strip Eyelashes #135*
- Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Camouflage make up in Rattan
- Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind in Medium
- Powder: Williams Pro Zero Setting Powder*
- Eyebrows: Ardell Brow Pomade in Medium Brown*
- Eyeshadow: Naked Palette Urban Decay
- Eyeliner: Australis liquid liner
- Blush: Nars Orgasm
- Highlighter: The Balm Mary Loumaniser
- Lipstick: Jana Collection in Marilyn *
*denotes items gifted for reviewing purposes
Any tips you would like to add?
Til next time,