I received a bucket load of “likes” on FB and Instagram on the Selfie I took before I went to a 40th birthday party.
Some feedback told me that you lovely Fashionistas would like to know how I did it.
This is a super glam look, not for the faint hearted. As 40+/50+ ladies, we are told not too use shimmery, shiny colours because they accentuate our “not-like-it-used-to-be” skin.
I call it.
We can wear whatever we like. I am not saying that you should be using glitter all over your face, our Disco days are gone. But a bit of shimmer strategically placed looks AMAHZING.
Have a look at how I applied my make up, and if you like it, have a go yourself. Make up should be fun. It is a quick vid, only 6:30 minutes.
- Foundation: Era Spray Foundation in Ginger (see my review HERE)
- Contour: Stila Shape and shade custom contour duo in LIGHT
- Blush: MAC Blushbaby
- Highlighter: The Balm Mary Luminizer
- Primer: Lime Crime eyelid primer
- Eyeshadows: Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Australis Metallix Plum Diddy and Guns and Rosepetals
- Benefit Push Up liner
- Givenchy Mascara
- Napoleon Perdis Lashes
- Anastasia Beverley Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown
- Australis Velour Lip in Barthalona
Bdellium Tools and Real Technique
I hope you enjoyed watching it as much as I did making the video.
Oh. And this is what my dressing table looked like after doing my make up.
Til next time,