Welcome to my fourth Foundation Friday Review. Last week I reviewed one of my cheapest foundations: the Aldi Lacura. So this week I am reviewing my most costly, luxe foundation: By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Ultra Smoothing Even Matte Foundation.
By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Foundation
RRP $158 at Mecca Maxima and Mecca Cosmetica.
What they say:
This futuristic serum-foundation hybrid delivers a host of anti-aging and corrective benefits whilst providing a full-coverage, matte finish. High performance anti-aging ingredients work to smooth fine lines and firm the skin whilst the advanced mineral correction complex evens out skin tone. A truly next-generation foundation
- Shade: Warm Sand
- Consistency: Creamy liquid
- Coverage: medium – buildable to nearly full cover
- Finish: Satin (supposed to be matte)
- Applied with: Real Techniques Sponge Blender
- Primer used: Fenty
- Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind in Medium
- Setting Spray: Maybelline Fix me
Why on earth I paid $158 for a foundation, I am still scratching my head over that one. I was tempted by all the great reviews I read I guess. It is so easy to apply, and is probably one of the creamiest foundations I own, and feels amazing in Winter when my skin is a little bit drier. Contains an anti ageing serum to even and the skin. Feels lovely on the skin, not too heavy and not cakey. It makes my skin look so velvety!
As with most foundations, this one didn’t last the full 10 hours, but then again, which one does?
It is not that shiny that I feel I can fry eggs on my face, so far this one held up quite well. Like usual, foundation wore off my chin nose and forehead first, but there was still plenty of product on the skin. If it wasn’t so expensive, I would probably wear this foundation all the time.
It is highly perfumed thought, that might bother some people.
Would I repurchase? To be perfectly honest, my (financial) situation has changed since purchasing this foundation, so probably not. If I had the money, I would buy the whole range, because I am DYING to try out the concealer in this range. I may have to save up for this foundation!
So here is how I rate it:
- Packaging: 8 out of 10, I love a pump. Missed out on a point because I can’t see how much is left in the bottle due to the opaque packaging!
- Texture/blendability: 9 out of 10.
- Coverage: 8 out of 10. Medium, build able to a nearly full cover
- Longevity: 8 out of 10
- Value for money: 4 out of 10. I don’t even know why I spent $158 on a foundation. A moment of weakness, and trust me, I had a bad case of buyers guilt afterwards. Such a shame it is so Terrybly Expensive.
Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?
Til Next time