Well hello there Fashionistas!
I am so fortunate as a Blogger to sometimes receive a bunch of new releases to trial. Some make it to my blog, and some don’t.
Maybelline NY has never let me down. For a drugstore brand, this range has some high quality products that have become a staple in my every day make up.
Here are some of the new releases for 2017*. I have, as much as possible, used all the new releases in my make up, but have also had to add some Maybelline old Faithfuls, and a couple of other brands as well. Full list below the video! (video is about 22 minutes, go grab a coffee, tea or wine. To watch it in High Definition to see all my wrinkles properly, change setting to HD)
- Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Eyeshadow: Maybelline NY The Rock Nudes Palette NEW
- Eyeliner: Maybelline NY Master Precise Skinny Eyeliner NEW
- Eyepencil: Master Drama Nudes Eye Pencil in Rose Pearl and Pearly Taupe NEW
- Mascara: Maybelline NY Colossal Big Shot Mascara NEW
- Eyebrows: Maybelline NY Brow Drama® Pomade Crayon Medium Brown
- Primer: Maybelline NY Super Stay 24H Primer NEW
- Foundation: Maybelline NY Dream Cushion Foundation in 21 Nude NEW
- Concealer: Maybelline NY Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer in Medium
- Setting powder: Hourglass Dim Light
- Bronze and Highlighting: Maybelline NY Bricks Bronzer and Highlighter NEW
- Cream highlighter: Maybelline NY Master Strobing Stick Illuminating Highlighter NEW
- Extra Bronzer, blush and highlight: Maybelline NY Facestudio® Master Contour Face Contouring Kit NEW
- Setting Spray: Maybelline NY Facestudio Master Fix Setting Spray
- Lipstick: Color Sensational® The Loaded Bolds in Gone Griege NEW
New products not used, but mentioned in this tutorial:
- Maybelline NY Master Contour V- Face Duo Stick in Light NEW
- Maybelline NY Color Jolt in Berry Naughty (2x) and Red-dy Red NEW
- Maybelline NY Lash Sensational® Luscious Mascara NEW
Some of my thoughts:
The Rock Nudes Palette has some great versatile neutral colours with some shimmery colours for accents. I have used the Nude palettes before and pigment is good, blend ability is good, and fall out is a bit one the heavy side, but all in all a great little palette for the price.
The Master Precise Skinny liner is such a great thickness (1.8mm) for water lining and the gel consistency is very comfortable to apply. Just make sure you wind it up just a little bit, because previous experience tells me this is quite brittle and will break easily.
LOVE the primer for staying power. Because it is an oil absorbing primer, it may be a little drying for the gals with dry skin.
The Dream Cushion Foundation is surprisingly covering and once I find the right shade, will be one of my go-to compacts.
Love a cream strobing stick and the Master Strobing Stick is so nice to apply. Layering with a powder increases the glow to an intense, blinding highlight!
My very favourite product is the Gone griege Lipstick: it is the PERFECT brown taupe shade for me, and I can see this becoming one of my favourites.
Have you tried any of the new Maybelline products? Do you have any favourites you reach for?
*please note, some products were sent to me as PR samples to trial, but in no way affect my opinion and review. These are 100% my own experiences and may differ on other people.
Til next time,