Let me tell you about my bestie.
We met when I was pregnant with my youngest nearly 19 years ago, when I went through my crafty stage. I had a stall at our local market selling folk art pieces. I also sold gourds, ornamental oddly shaped pumpkins that were dried and ready for decorating. I had decorated some small ones as Santas ready to hang on the tree, and a lady with 2 children came and bought some to decorate with her kids.
We got talking for a while and the next time I saw her again, was when our eldest kids started Primary School together. We clicked straight away. She had just moved from Cairns into our area and we became great friends, and so did our families. They were such happy times, with family holidays and BBQ’s and birthday parties.
Leanne is thoughtful, always ready to jump in to help out, an awesome cook and totally organised. (she’s my walking, talking birthday reminder!) She bakes cupcakes for all the kids, her soups are amazing. AND she is absolute ACE photographer!
Our kids grew up and so did we, and she was there when I went through my Breast Cancer episodes.
Her family went through hard times and I tried to be there for her, and just lately it was my turn again and she was there to talk to any time I need to.
Yep. She is pretty damn special.
In the last few years it has been getting harder to find the perfect gift, so the biggest gift to each other – as we seem to busier than ever before – is TIME TOGETHER. We usually pick something to do together: whether it will be a dual facial, a concert we want to see, or a photography workshop. This year it may be a show, but I would like to give her something else. She deserves something more, because I need to repay her for dragging her out on a rooftop, in the street, on the waterfront or any old wall to take photos and not giving a hoot who is watching, she does most of my photo shoots!
I took off to Mr & Mrs Jones at Westfield Miranda*. So much fun stuff to buy! It can be a little overwhelming to chose, so I took a practical approach. I like to make a list.
What does Leanne love/like/dislike?
- She loves to cook, in particular cupcakes and desserts
- She is super organised
- Loves the beach
- Loves a cocktail or a glass of bubbly, no special occasion needed
- Always takes (fantastic) photos
- Loves to travel
- Dislikes pepper on her food
- Knows all the words to funny songs/ads
- Dislikes coffee and prefers Coca Cola
Taking this list, I went hunting, and these are my picks of what would suit her and what I think she would like:
- Heart Shaped Icy Poles Set $18.95
- Cup Cake Kit – Pretty Birdies $22.95
- Spatula $13.95
- Cupcake jar $18.95
- Cup Cake Kit – Pink $22.95
- Initial Notebook – L – $32.95
- Travel Wallet – $24.95
- Kate Spade Thank You 10 Cards – $39.95
- Gold Acrylic Stapler $49.95
- Kate Spade Sticky Note Set Gold – $29.95
- Fruit Honeycomb Garland $29.92
- Flamingo String Lights $36.95
- Maracas $19.95
- Awesome Candles $8.95
- Happy Birthday Party Hats $29.95
- Kate Spade Acrylic Highball Set $59.95, Ice bucket $99.95 and Wine Tote $36.95
I also like these 2 photo frames from Kate Spade
Making a list made it easier to find something to suit Leanne, there was so much to chose from! Want to know what I bought her?
- The Sunny Life Beach Seat Montauk $79.95 (To replace the rusty one we bought each other years ago)
- The Sunny Life Round Towel Castilllo $129.00
One spot for her on the beach and one spot for me!
I hope this gives you some ideas for gifts for your own best friend(s)! What is your pick of this bunch?
*please note this is a sponsored post, but in no way affects my views, opinions nor my shopping habits.
Til next time,