My dear Fashionistas, 2015 is over and I would like to share with you my top 20 beauty favourites for the year!
So which beauty products get the Inaugural Annual FiS Beauty Awards for 2015?
There have been so many great new products launched last year. Here are my favourites, based on what I used most, what have been standouts and what I absolutely can’t live without. Some were new releases and some I discovered in 2015
The video takes about 28 minutes, the longest I have ever made, but I guess it is only once a year!
Full listing is below the video.
- Best Shampoo and Conditioner: Natura Siberica*. My hair (like my skin) goes through changes. I have been so busy trying to pump up the volume of my non-luscious locks that it was always frizzy and dry. After trying the Natura Siberica Oblephika range, my hair seems so much more manageable and smooth. Until my hair decides to misbehave again. ( and the fragrance is delicious!)
- Best body lotion: Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Lotion Cheap as chips, sneak one in your supermarket trolley. It is rich, leaves my skin super hydrated and the smell reminds me of my childhood when the blue round tin was for EVERYTHING.
- Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream. Part of my fave 5 for February. Gradual tan with a difference.
- Best Cleansing wipes: Johnson’s Daily Essentials Refreshing Wipes. I should have shares in this company. I buy and use SO many of these! I try and buy them in bulk when there is a special on at Priceline. I can’t use the purple, blue or green, it is only the pink ones that work for some reason. One swipe at night time and the make up is gone. I also wipe my brushes for an in-between-washes-clean over a sheet until there is no colour left on the brush. Get some.
- Best Cleanser: Hydropeptide Exfoliating Cleanser*. You will find a few Hydropeptide products in this list. It just really works for me. I wrote about my Hydropeptide skincare HERE . I like to double cleanse at night. I wear so much make up during the day that I need to remove meticulously. So I remove my make up with a Johnson’s wipe and then cleanse with my cleanser.
- Best eyecream. Hydropeptide Eye Authority. This plumps up my lines and makes my puffy bags disappear. Expensive but so worth it.
- Best at home treatment: Hydropeptide Anti Wrinkle Polish and Plump Peel. Omg this peel! It made it to my Fave 5 for August and I have a step by step instruction in my post right HERE. A double whammy peel: manual and chemical. The. Best.
- Best day treatment. Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Booster and Moisture Jelly*. The worst feeling in the world in a hot climate is when you have to layer your face with: serum, moisturiser, sunscreen, primer, foundation, powder. Wayyy too many layers for a sweaty day. The Hyaluron products are clear and jelly like. It absorbs into the skin immediately and still provides fantastic hydration without any oil. Perfect for me. Reasonably priced too.
- Best night treatment : Indeed Labs Retinol Reface*. A night cream that is a resurfacer as well due to its Vitamin A ingredient. My skin is super soft when I wake up in the morning.
- Best Primer. No doubt whatsoever: Hourglass Mineral Veil
- Best foundation: This was a hard one. Because I have favourites for different purposes! For a marathon of Formal make ups recently, I used my RCMA palette, and it was amazing. But for myself, for a full cover the product I used most, was Estee Lauder Double Wear Camouflage make up. No concealer needed, just layer. For a quick full cover look when I am in a hurry, the ERA Spray On foundation is AMAZING. Used a lot on brides for its flawless finish and long lasting quality: I try not to use this every day because I go through it too quickly. Makes it a very expensive exercise! In Australia buy it
HERE. My 3rd foundation that is definitely up there with my favourites is the Maybelline Fit Me foundation in Matte and Poreless. Not as heavy duty covering as the other 2. This still gives you a beautiful coverage, but let’s your skin shine through. For the price, this is a fantastic foundation.
- Best concealer: Maybelline Fit Me Age Rewind. The.Best. I sometimes use it by itself, just dab it on what needs concealing and blend. And it is soooo reasonable. I always have a spare one in stock.
- Best Foundation Brush: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I use this to death for every foundation I own.
- Best powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Setting Powder in Dim Light, with a special mention for Williams Pro Zero powder*.
- Best eyebrow product: This year Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown has been my most used product, but there have been a few I have discovered in the last couple of months: Stila Waterproof Eyebrow Pen and Ardell Brow Pomade. Love both of those too, and I have a sneaky suspicion that one of these will be my 2016 fave x
- Best eyeshadow palette – the Smokey Eye Palette by Urban Decay and Maybelline The Nudes Palette. Both are sooo fab, and are my current favourites. Eye shadow palettes are my weakness and there will probably be others for 2016!
- Best lipstick: Nars Audacious in Barbara, and MAC Velvet Teddy for nudes, and MAC Ruby Woo for a classic Red.
- Best blush: Nars Orgasm. That’s all.
- Best nailproduct: OPI Funny Bunny Nail polish and Matte top Coat. Love experimenting with different colours now I have acrylic nails. Check out my new Nail Polish Gallery and join me on Insta/Facebook for my #manimonday post.
- Best Perfume: Comme des Garçons 2. I wrote a post about discovering this perfume, and I have been using it ever since!
I could go on, there were so many great products last year, but I can honestly say that these were the most used, and are favourites. These products are personal favourites and are my own opinions. They may not work the same for everyone.
I hope you enjoyed, leave me some comments with your favourites for 2015, would love to know what yours are.
Looking forward to spending time with you in 2016!
Products denoted with a * are gifted items for reviewing purposes in 2015 but these have become part of my favourites! Everything else I have bought with my own, hard earned money!
Til Next time,