In between cooking, wrapping, keeping everyone happy on Christmas day, there really is very little time to spend on making yourself half way presentable.
A quick lippy before sitting down at lunch, before all the family photos are taken is just about all most can fit in.
It doesn’t have to take long to do a quick make up for Christmas lunch. Now I wear more make up than most, but the daytime look I did here, will suit most. Just adjust to your needs. And if you, like me, have an evening do to attend afterwards, just add a few choice make up products and take that baby from day – to night!
I will list the products used under after the video.
Get a cuppa and make notes, this will only take 7 or so minutes.
Products for Daytime look:
- Primer: Yes. That is Nivea Men Post Shave Balm. I first heard about this from Nikkie Tutorials, one of my favourite Beauty Vloggers. She used her boyfriends and found it works! The Nivea Balm’s main ingredient is glycerine, and most primers contain this. It grips your foundation, and makes it last all day. Through sweating over a hot stove, to playing a fairly physical WII game with the kids. I picked it up from Coles for $9 on special
- Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me – Matte and Poreless 310
- Concealer: Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark circles.
- Eyeshadow: Maybellline: the Nudes Palette (one of my faves this year)
- Eyeliner: MAC Raisenette
- Mascara: Rimmel Super Curler
- Brows: Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium to deep
- Blush: Nars Orgasm
- Lips: Essence Lip Pencil in Rose
Products for Night Look:
I added to my existing make up so everything is the same as the day look, except for:
- Eyeliner: Benefit Push Up liner
- Contouring : Australis AC on Tour Cream Contouring and highlighting Kit
- Highlighting: BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Eyeshadow and highligher palette
- Powder: Maybelline Fit me powder in 220
- Lips: Stila Stay All day Liquid lipstick in Beso
Brushes I used are Real Techniques, Eco Tools and Zoeva.
Not too hard is it?
I am going to try and make a bit more of an effort to NOT look a hot mess on all the family photos.
This Christmas, I will have my family all together until they all chuff off again on Boxing Day. I will enjoy it, and kiss and hug them lots.
Merry Christmas to you, my lovely Fashionista reader. May your holidays be filled with love and peace .
Til next time,