Hello my fellow lipstick addicts.
I totally forgot to write a review for the April, May Lip Monthly bag, and June arrived already. So you lucky things get to look at 3 reviews and swatches!
You can find my first review HERE
So what is Lip Monthly? It is a monthly subscription bag from the US at a cost of around US$10 each, plus $5 postage to Australia.
This is what it says on the website:
We Search For the Best in Lip Products!
Every month LipMonthly’s experts travel across the country to find the best products in retail stores, so you don’t have to. We will bring you the best deals on the market, in our beautifully designed packaged bags. All that’s left for you to do is try them on!
A Unique Experience Each Month
You Choose your Duration:
1 Month, 4 Month or Annual
Whether you love Lip Gloss, Lip Stick, Lip Balm or Lip Stain, we’ll send you a curated box filled with all of the above every month, so you don’t have to worry about replacing them each month!
I have to say, I have had several subscription boxes, and got disappointed a few times, but this Monthly bag, with lip goodies and a surprise item, has not disappointed whatsoever!
I have been able to try products that are not available to Australia, or if they are available here, they are much more expensive than the $10 that it costs for the whole bag. I totally recommend it.
Here is the Lip Monthly Bag APRIL
- LA Girl “Last Night” RRP US$4.00 not available in Australia
- City Color Be Matte Lipstick in Cammi RRP US$4.99 not available in Australia
- Cargo Essential Lipgloss Sahara RRP US$16, available at Mecca at AU$20
- Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil US$13 not available in Australia
My favourites from this month was the Cargo gloss and the Ofra Eyebrow Pencil. The gloss has a beautiful blingy shimmer and the eyebrow pencil really is universal. Just add more to make it darker. Amahzing!
Lip Monthly Bag MAY
- Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel in Raspberry Ice RRP US$22, not available in Australia
- Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick – Laguna Beach RRP$22, not available in Australia
- Milani Power Lip Lasting Gloss Stain in Pink Lemonade RRPUS$6.49, not available in Australia
- NYC Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara RRP US$1.99, not available in Australia
Very happy with the Ofra Pink Lemonade. A lovely matte nude with a little pink thrown in. The rest was so so, because I felt I already had too many pinks. Made my friends very happy though! The Mascara sits unopened for a give away.
Lip Monthly Bag JUNE
- Be a Bombshell Lipstick in shade Hollywood, RRP US$14.00 not available in Australia
- So Susan Colour Hybrid, velvety lip and cheek cream RRP US$17.50, not available in Australia
- Jelly Pong Pong paradise Pigments ins shade Fig Jam$19.95 not available in Australia
- MMU – Jcat Eyeshadow in shade Ticket to Stardom RRP US$2.99
I LOVE every single thing in the June bag. (don’t you love how every month there is a different colour bag? Also, the padded postal bag it comes in is a super shiny, glamorous GOLD. Points for that Lip Monthly!!)
So where do I start, the Be a Bombshell is a great brick colour, creamy and fairly pigmented. Great every day lippy. The So Susan Hybrid is WONDERFUL. I applied it with a brush on my lips and then dabbed a little on my cheeks. The texture is creamy when applied but dries to a matt, velvety finish. Very noice.
For another pink, the Jelly Pong Pong is just lovely. It is punchy, is highly pigmented and super creamy, nearly like a balm.
I haven’t tried the eyeshadow, but it looks like a great colour!
So am I happy? Yes! By the time you read this, I have already signed up for another 4 months. The price is good, the quality of the products are good, and it is extremely good value for money. The bags have always come in the month that is supposed to be! (unlike some Australian ones!!)
So here is the thing, I have bought this subscription with my own money. Lip Monthly gives you points if you refer someone, so that means once you have signed up, you can refer someone too. The points you accumulate mean you can either buy a bag with it, or a product. That’s all.
If you are interested in signing up, there is a link down below, click on that to earn me a few points. 🙂 But only if you like .
Here are some discount codes to use at check out:
“2FREE” to get 2 months FREE on Annual Subscriptions!
“1STFREE” to get your first month for FREE on 4 Month Subscriptions!
“1ST5” to get your first month for only $5 on Monthly Subscriptions!
Hope you enjoyed, a big post that took me forever, but that serves me right for not doing it as they come in.
Do you enjoy subscription boxes?
Til next time,