I watched and shared the amazing Dutch Youtube Star: Nikkie Tutorials’ Video, where she applies a “Glam ” make up to one side of her face to make a point:
You can watch it HERE
This is what she wrote:
I feel like lately makeup shaming has become a thing. It’s as if putting makeup on to have fun is a shame. Therefore, I thought it would be cool to show you the power of makeup. A transformation. Because makeup… is FUN!
You go, Nikkie Girl! Make up can enhance, downplay, hide, highlight, and transform. I have worn make up for most of my life, every single day, and I still don’t tire of applying it every morning. Why? I am 51. Texture wise my skin is not too bad. Hyper pigmentation (brown spots) due to early menopause, sun damage and age so annoying!!
The good news is, I can hide it!
Here is my own little Half Face Glam Make up effort.
It is definitely worth spending 15 minutes in front of that mirror every morning…
Please note, this is not my every day make up. This is a full on Glam Make up, for a night out. (pictures are not enhanced, nor edited and are taking with a flash)
Products I used:
- Foundation: Kat von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation Medium 54
- Concealers: Laura Mercier Secret SC-5 on spots, and Chantecaille Le Camouflage Anti Fatigue Corrector Pen 4W under the eyes, set with Ben Nye Banana Powder
- Eyebrow: Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pen, Dark Brunette
- Eyes: Nars Mekong eyeshadow, Benefit Push UP Liner, Givenchy Mascara and false lashes
- Cheeks: Contouring – Too Faced Chocolate Soleil medium, Nars Orgasm Blush, Hourglass Ambient light Palette for highlighting
- Lips: Revlon Colourstay lipliner in Nude, MAC Viva Glam II, ELF Hypershine Gloss in Flirt
Scary Stuff, right?
So for those people, that like making fun of us that like wearing lots of make up: leave us alone – I wear my badge “Cake Face” with pride.
Make up is fun. Don’t you think?
Til Next time,