Hello my Suburban Fashionistas.
It seems you liked my contouring tutorial, so here is my next one. As requested, I am tackling the “how to apply eyeliner” issue.
Because I use 3 different types of eyeliner, I will do all of them, starting with applying Cream or gel liner with a brush.
Especially for those of us that are over 30/40/50: our skin changes as we mature. The skin becomes softer and looser, and becomes more lined, getting a straight line is a challenge!
I may not have made this very clear on the Youtube video but these tips help:
- Get yourself a magnifying mirror. I can not live without it anymore. This is mine
It is really tempting to squeeze one eye shut when applying your eyeliner. This creates even more lines and makes it harder to work with. Try keeping your eye open and look down. Takes a bit of practice, but gives you a nicer line.
Have cotton buds ready! If you apply your eyeshadow after your foundation, having a little bit of foundation on a bud will clean up the line.
They do not need to be identical! Who said they do??
So without further ado, here is the Youtube video. Grab a cuppa, it will take 10 minutes.
- Foundation: Era Spray Foundation in Ginger
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage SC-5
- Setting Powder: ELF Translucent Powder
- Eyes, Blush and Highlighter: Ben Nye Essentials Palette
- Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Medium brown
- Eyeliner: E.L.F Cream Liner in Black
- Mascara: Givenchy
- Lips: MAC Dervish Liner and Midi Mauve Lustre lipstick
By the way. E.L.F. stands for: Eyes Lips and Face. Available from Kmart and online for AU$8 each.
Other cream/gel eyeliner I have used and liked are
MAC Fluidline. Comes in the most delicious colours.
Have you tried a cream or a gel liner?
Til Next time,